Friday, October 10, 2014

Cadillac Ranch



In 1974 artists set up this display. They featured models of Cadillacs. Apparently they are buried in the ground at an angle like the pyramids in Giza. They have been moved once from their original location. They are located on privately owned land. Spray painting is allowed and encouraged.


I made my mark, real original work there, very inspiring. I don't think I would make a good graffiti artist. I needed someone like Banksy to give me some tips. 


Jane has a character she draws called YO.    A winking stick- figure type of face. He wears a sideways hat and a cross necklace. She has been drawing him for a few years now. This was the perfect place for his public debut. I trust she won't be tempted to vandalize anything else with his likeness.
I noticed the Happy Birthday and the Jane were already painted on the car located on the left.
 Jane's birthday was at the end of the month.
It was kind of windy, so I encouraged Elliot to go inside to get a clear shot at making his design. 


Don't know if this makes it into any "Top 100 things to see before you die" list. We were passing through and tried it. Later Nathan read that there was another place close by that  has VW bugs. We prefer Volkswagens to Cadillacs, Maybe next time. 

No comments: