Friday, November 9, 2012

Homeschool

This year the kids are being homeschooled.  We had a positive school experience in Hong Kong and it is possible in the future the kids will attend a more traditional school setting.  

I will answer a common question asked of me about homeschooling. What about socialization?
This is our Hudsonville homeschool group.
 We meet regularly and go on field trips. 
Thursdays, I attend a Bible study while the kids attend classes at the church designed for homeschool kids.
Friday mornings we make a trip to the Homeschool building.
 Jane has science class and a study hall and Elliot takes science and PE.  
 Monday nights the kids attend a scout program.
Jane is taking piano and horse riding and Elliot has soccer. 
We are not worried about socialization. 
 The kids grade levels are not very demanding. The actual school day is shorter and we have no evening homework. As a result adding all these activities does not take away from our family time and fits easily into our schedule. 


First day of school picture.
Elliot says Second Grade 7 years, when I grow up I want to be a race car driver.
Jane says Fourth Grade 8 years, when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian.

I have decided to set up a separate blog just about our homeschooling.  I am not sure how often I will be updating it but if you are interested here is a link

No comments: