Friday, December 7, 2012

30 something


latefall from outypants on Vimeo.
I turned 35 on November 5th.  I have always made an effort to really enjoy my birthday regardless of what was happening on that day. 
 This year, I tried to slow down the day and really appreciate the kids. I felt their presence in my life as such a blessing.  I gave them a half day of school, so I think my excessive hugs and kisses was overlooked by them. Another hug from mom or math drills, not such a hard choice after all.

The kids had free bowling coupons so we headed over to Hudsonville Lanes.  My first throw was a strike. If only I could be consistent I would be a pro.  Maybe my arm gets tired, maybe I start to overthink my stragety, whatever the reason my pathetic bowling pattern of strike/spare/ gutter/ missed spare/ gutter etc.. Keeps me from achieving greatness.  If I break a hundred, I can do a victory dance.   




A special gift this year from my husband was an orchid plant. These are my favorite flowers, one of the biggest thrills of my life was to visit the orchid garden in Singapore. My first thought when I saw him bring it in the door was, I hope I don't kill it.  

Inspired by one of the several cooking shows we watch on youtube, Nathan made yakisoba
Yakisoba is basically fried noodles with sauce. But if you are like me when it comes to Asian cuisine it really is never that simple. 
Some modifications were made, either by experimenting or by necessity. I think this is a dish that would be worth trying again and again to alter it your individual taste.

This was the second time that week that Nathan made dinner. I am thankful for a husband who is good to me all year around and not only on special occasions.

The kids had scout programs that night, so after we dropped them off, we headed over to Biggby where I redeemed my free birthday drink of my choice. I chose a pumpkin spice latte. 


A great day!









No comments: