Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Critter Camp



Last year we made a trip to the Critter Barn in Zeeland with Carissa and Benjamin. 
 Click here to read that post.
It was then I learned that the farm has a volunteer program for kids ages 8 to 12.  The kids pay to attend something called "Critter Camp" where they learn about the animals and the farm. Once they graduate from the program, they are allowed to volunteer and help out at scheduled times throughout the year.

  We don't have any pets in our house. I love animals and I wouldn't mind owning a few, but so far I feel they require more effort than our family can give. 
 Currently they kids are reading books to earn some pet fish. 
We have reached the decision that we can be fish owners. 

I was all for signing the kids up to volunteer, this allows them to be around animals and get that experience, without me being the one to supply it.  
 Elliot was not interested. When we went to pick up Jane up after camp. He asked if he could stay in the van with the windows rolled up because he couldn't stand the smell. I think we have a city boy on our hand. 



Jane says the goats were her favorite part of the camp.


Having lunch in the loft.



I am looking forward to all the farm knowledge Jane will bring home and share. 


No comments: